Spiced apple cider

Winter doesn't come naturally to me. I have fallen in love with the snow and the crispness of the wind. The holidays and all that it brings with it are intoxicating indeed! But deep inside me there is this part that will always remain a tropical baby!
When I had this warm cider for the first time couple years back it felt like a blanket inside of me!
So I tried and tested a spicier version of the same.

Here's what went into it:
4 cups apple juice
2 tbspns brown sugar
1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
2 cloves of cardamom
4 peppercorns
1/2" of fresh ginger
2 cloves


How it was made:
Heat the juice in a pot. Dissolve the sugar and cinnamon into it. Crush the ginger, peppercorns, cloves and cardamom. Add to the mixture and boil. Simmer for 5 mins till fragrant. Remove from heat and sieve. Serve warm.

ps: If you have store bought apple cider use it instead of the juice.Adds an extra bit of zing!
Also I always stock up on powdered cinnamon but I know a stick of cinnamon can be used instead.

From my favourite archive to your table, happy holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts