Homemade Spicy Vanilla Chai tea



This is becoming my summer soul drink like apple cider is to me in winter.
While living in NJ, I had frequently enjoyed the Dunkin Donuts vanilla chai.But never really missed it once I moved south were the dunkins franchises were less abundant!
That would have been the end of me and vanilla chais if not for the few bottles of'  Bolthouse farms ' juices/brews G brought home. While he and E guzzled down the berry mixes and the carrot juices, I , Me , myself hooked onto the heavenly Vanilla chai tea.
Thus began the numerous googlings for easy DIY recipes.
What follows is a variation on many such recipe ideas, altered to mainly suit our taste.






So heres what I put into making my Vanilla Chai Tea Mix:
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla powdered non-dairy creamer
2 ½ cups white sugar
1 ½ cups unsweetened instant tea
21/2 tsp ground ginger
21/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
¼ tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until it is a fine powder.
Store in a airtight container.
Add two full tablespoons of mix to 8 ounces of hot water or milk. Slurp.

Ps: I have stored my container in the fridge just to be safe.
I have had this hot and cold.
For the warm version, I heat a mug of milk in the microwave and add 1Tbspn powder and stir.
For the cold version I blend together a mug of cold milk and 1Tbspn powder in a food processor.
You can try doing it 1/2 mug milk and 1/2 mug water for a less creamier drink.

Also please adjust the spices accordingly to suit your taste.

Tell me how you did yours!
Until next time,
Cheers.





You can also read my non-culinary ramblings here at Musings.

Comments

Popular Posts