Beet root soup

Beet root soup is made in my kitchen, whenever and often. Sometimes I add extra ground pepper to cure a stuffy nose! 'G' skips the butter. 'R' likes it clear without the vegetables. 'E' and I, love it every which way!
 
 
 
 
Heres what goes into making this family favorite:
1 large beetroot-peeled and diced small
1 large tomato - diced
1 medium onion - peeled and chopped fine
Butter for saute
Butter for garnish
2 tablespoon cilantro- chopped fine
salt and pepper to taste
 
Heres how it came to the table:
In a pan, heat the butter and saute the onion. Add the beet and tomatoes. Add water to cover the vegetables. Add salt and pepper. Cook till well done. Lightly mash to mix .
Serve hot in bowl, garnished with a small dollop of butter and fresh cilantro!
 
Bon appetite indeed.
Will you try this on a cool fall evening? Will this find its way onto your table on a cold winter night?
 
 
Leave me a comment, send me a photo of the food you cooked. Tell me a recipe! jotismail@gmail.com
Click here to see the list of spices and powders used in my kitchen!
Sous Chef is now on Facebook!

 
You can also read my non-culinary ramblings here at Musings.
Musings on Facebook.


Comments

Popular Posts