Beet root Cutlet

A snack. A starter. A delicacy. One of the many things I have copied from my mom's kitchen.



This past weekend we made it again!

Here's what went into it:
1 large beet root- peeled and grated.
4 medium potatoes
4 dry red chillies- chopped fine
2 green chillies- chopped fine
4 cloves garlic- chopped fine
2 tbsp Chana dal
2 tbsp urad dal
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
1 cup bread crumbs and Pam/oil for roasting.

How it was made:
Boil, peal and mash the potatoes.
In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the Chana and urad dal. Roast. Add the chillies and garlic. Roast. Add the grated beet root. Cook for a couple mins. Add the mashed potatoes and salt to taste. Mix well.
Heat griddle.
Make small balls from the mix, flatten slightly. Roll in bread crumbs and roast on griddle, till both sides are golden brown.
Serve hot with choice of dip/sauce.

Ps: with the beetroot you can add, green peas, fine chopped beans and vegetables.
Alternatively you can deep fry the patties/ cutlets.

Tell me how you do yours!

Until next time...
Bon appetite.





Leave me a comment, send me a photo of the food you cooked. Tell me a recipe! jotismail@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts