Homemade strawberry jam- our last jar

Last evening we opened another small jar of my homemade strawberry jam. Our last jar for this year.
Will have to wait till next spring until we pick more fresh berries.

How I do it!

Puree 2pounds fresh starwberry (4cups)
To this I add 4 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
-boil for about 10mins.
Cool n bottle.



Iam told and now know, it helps to seal the bottles.But for now, this works for us. I make small batches all through summer!

There's something about making your own food. Jam or otherwise!
'E' vouches it tastes better too!
The sweetheart that she is , obviously it is overstating.
But who am I kidding? I cook to please, but my 3 fav people.
E, R n G.

So right now Iam feeling a lot of Rachael Ray-Paula Dean-Martha Stewart mojo!

So looks like its back to the grocery aisle for our favourite Smuckers Strawberry Jelly.
Bon Appetit.


Comments

Popular Posts