'Mexican rice' as we do it in our kitchen.



This has gone down in the Hegde kitchen archive as an all time favourite.
I obviously being the ahem! 'food maker' (cook/chef/mom) have earmarked it in my own mental archive as one of a 'last minute go-to recipe' !
A favorite in my books also cause it goes well with any Mexican side (but ofcourse!) and (also) any stir fry.

What I use to make it with are,
12 ounces tomatoes, very ripe and cored
1 medium white onion
3 medium -minced.
2 cups long grain white rice
1/3 cup canola oil
4 minced garlic cloves
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1 lime

How I make it is,
Puree together the tomatoes n onion.
Wash the rice n fry in oil until slightly brown/fragrant. Add puree + broth+ jalapeƱos +garlic+ salt-cook!
Garnish with cilantro n serve with lime slices.

So ' Bon appetit ' friends or as they say it in Spanish ' iBuen apetito'.

Comments

Popular Posts